PROJECTS FOR LATIN II
White Station High School, Memphis, TN
1ST SIX WEEKS --
1. First, draw the floor plan of your own house and label the rooms. Color it. 10 points.
2. Draw the floor plan of the Roman house on page 16 of your text and label the
rooms using the Latin names. Color it. 10 points
3. Find another floor plan of a Roman house or villa, draw it and label the rooms.
Color it. 15 points
4. Go to a website and look at pictures of different rooms in a Roman house. Look for mosaic floors and frescoed walls. Print the one you like best or find the most interesting. 10 points
5. From your studies, write a composition contrasting your house and a Roman house. 25 points
6. Choose One: 30 points
a) Make a mosaic like the floor you saw or design your own. Use
small colored tiles or glass.
b) Make a diorama using a shoebox or other materials of one room
of a Roman house.
2ND SIX WEEKS -
Study of Pompeii : group project : see link
3RD SIX WEEKS --
Design and make a Greeting Card. 75 points
It must show Roman influence, but may be of any kind.
Write the greeting in Latin. Make it colorful. The more creative
you are, the better your grade.
See the handout sheet for more directions.
4th SIX WEEKS --
Choose some aspect of Roman life such as weddings, funerals, travel, roads,
gladiators, clothing, games, education, etc., to study in-depth. Prepare
an oral presentation with visuals. More details will be given in class.
5TH SIX WEEKS --
Write a poem and an essay. (based on the topic for the Latin Convention)
Choose any historical novel to read and report on.
6TH SIX WEEKS --
We will prepare group projects about Julius Caesar.
Choose one from a list you will get in class. See separate handout sheet.