GROUP MEMBERS: Sue Bonvallet, Judith de Luce, Steve Nimis
1) to design supplementary teaching materials to support the study of
2) to design and pilot the use of these materials and the MOO interface in a collaboration between an undergraduate college Latin course and a high school Latin course
3) to promote interest in the Latin language and Roman culture and civilization
4) to help students use the internet effectively for research and learning
OUTCOME GOALS FOR THE PROJECT:
1) production of web site containing a Latin text of Plautus's Aulularia
with hyperlinks to various types of cultural materials, visual images,
literary commentary and an audiorecording of the Latin
2) implementation of an effective collaboration between Miami University and Wellington School students using such methods as interactive sessions on the MOO, a MOO building project, a joint class on the MOO with a guest lecturer, etc.
LEARNING GOALS FOR STUDENTS:
Students will be able to
In the Spring of 1998, Judith de Luce and Steve Nimis will offer an undergraduate course in Roman Comedy; Sue Bonvallet will collaborate with them during the period while her Latin 5 students study the Aulularia (January and February). Both courses will make extensive use of VRoma materials, including the web and the MOO.
VRoma Home Page
McManus Home Page
Barbara F. McManus, Director of Assessment