MUDDweller, a MOO client for Macintosh
MUDDweller 1.2 is a free MU* client written by O. Maquelin.
Its main advantage over Telnet is that it provides separate windows for
input (what you type on the MOO) and output (what other people type and
messages generated by the MOO), thus preventing output from appearing in the
midst of what you are in the process of typing. It also allows you to change
the display font and size.
To use it you need a Macintosh with a TCP/IP connection (hardwired, SLIP,
Click here to download
You will need a utility such as StuffIt Expander to unstuff it.
Configuring MUDDweller for logging into VRoma:
- Unstuff the compacted file (if your browser is not configured to do so automatically).
- Launch the application.
- Choose "TCP/IP address" from the Configure pull-down menu.
- In the "HOST" box enter www.colleges.org (or 126.96.36.199).
- In the "PORT" box enter 7900
- Click OK.
- From the Configure menu, select "Open Connection".
- You should see the VRoma Welcome Screen, which includes instructions for
- When you quit MUDDweller you will be prompted to save your settings. By doing so, you can create a document which can be launched by double-clicking, thus avoiding re-configuration on each use.
VRoma Home Page