APPIAN WAY EXERCISE
Instructions: Log into the VRoma MOO
and proceed to Rome. Exit via the Porta Capena. Travel down the Appian Way and
find the answers to the following questions:
- What was the nickname of the Appian Way?
- Where did the Appian Way originally end and to what city was it later
- Identify: Horace, Maecenas
- What is a caupo?
- What famous event took place on the Clivus Martius?
- Who or what is Corvus and why is he buried along the Appian Way?
- Name some of the towns en route. Searching the Net, can you find any
information on them?
- How far between Rome and Capua?
- With what event in Roman history is Capua associated?
- Extra credit question: What
individual from Roman history died at Brundisium?
The Covenant School